Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New resolutions

As I sat at my desk this morning, idly picking at the spot where the plastic finish is coming off, I looked at the calendar and realized something:  In exactly two weeks, I will be flying home.  Two years of being a full-time servant of the Lord will have come to an end.  It's a rather sobering thought. 

With only two weeks left to go, I've come to a decision.  I will finish strong.  In the past, I've broken mission rules.  Nothing serious, but the little things have always gotten at me.  Reading outside the mission library,  wasting time online, watching TV, little stuff like that. 

That's done.

I have fourteen days left.  I don't want any regrets.  As such, I am deciding to live each one of these days as if it were my last.  By taking it one day at a time, I can make better decisions.  I can choose to be exactly obedient to each and every one of God's rules.

Of course, there will be pitfalls.  (Interestingly, when I went to Google to look up a picture for pitfalls, I got a bunch of screenshots for a video game I didn't know about.)  When we go into people's houses, and they've got futbol games blaring away, it's difficult to ask them to give up futbol for even thirty minutes.

But I know that with Faith, all things are possible.  All I have to do is the little things; scripture study, prayer, the choice of a seat in a house with a TV on.  It's all a matter of what I choose to do.

Let's do this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment