Thursday, May 26, 2011

Why did it have to be snakes?

So, who here hasn't seen this movie?  If you haven't, I highly recommend that you crawl out from under the rock and get yourself to a Blockbuster.  It's taken from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, my personal favorite Indiana Jones movie.  Steven Spielberg in his prime.  We won't go into the monstrosity that is the Crystal Skull.  I mean, come on.  Aliens?  What's more, he's still fighting Nazis twenty years later?

Anyway.

In this movie, Indy finds himself in a bit of a pickle.  He's looking for the Holy Grail, a cup that supposedly gives eternal life to he who drinks of it.  However, the Nazis have shot his father, and sent him in to try to beat the trials guarding the grail.  He's beat two of three, and that's when this clip starts.  His father's notebook gives him an impossible task: leap the gorge.

"It's a leap of faith," Indy mutters.

That's kind of what we have to deal with in our own lives.  I've seen it so often.  How can I possibly pay tithing?  I don't have much money, so I have the choice between paying tithing or buying food.  I remember one time, I paid what the Lord asked, and found a twenty dollar bill when I went to give the money to the Bishop.  I know that God makes a way to do what he asks.

We come to a place where we don't know what to do.  We've gone as far as we know how to do, and come to a wall of darkness.  We hear a voice that says, "There's light on the other side of this darkness. Come."

May we all leap, and trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment