Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Moments that really matter

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  So often, as we go through life we just get lost in the motions.  We don't really enjoy life for what it is.  It kind of reminds me of another quote:

"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

I have some experience with this.  About six months ago, I was still in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, serving a mission in that area.  On the day after I found out I was leaving, we went for a run.  As we jogged, I was struck by the beauty of the area.  As the sun rose over Center City, I appreciated Philly as never before.  Sure, it's still covered with trash and bums, but it truly is a beautiful city.  All of the church spires, the few trees that there are, send light scattering randomly.  Beautiful.

In the same way, if we just look at the earth and enjoy nature, we will be truly happier.  A sunset, a leaf from a tree, that beetle crawling on the ground.  Just sit back, and let God paint you a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment