Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Who I am

So, I guess the first place to start on the first post is to say just who I am. My name is Elder Eric Tryon. I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, commonly known as the LDS or Mormon Church. I am serving in the Philadelphia Pennsylvania Mission, teaching as many people as will listen about the word of God. This blog is not my soapbox. I have one of those for real life. Rather, I hope to help show that we're normal people. We don't bite, you know. We're able to have a good time. Believe it or not, Mormons are just like you.

I'm a city boy from Seattle, Washington. I was born in the church, the second of eight children. I'm the first to go on a mission, so that's a lot of pressure not to mess anything up. I haven't been on the internet for about a year now, so if I seem a bit awkward I ask you to be nice, and overlook it.

Let's see, about me...

I have a lot of fun, really. I enjoy most board games, have a lot of friends, and like enjoying myself. My personal theory is that if you're not enjoying yourself, you're probably doing something wrong. If I have to choose between laughing and crying, it's a lot more fun to laugh. Plus, tears taste all salty.

I like the internet. However, because as a rule of thumb most missionaries are not allowed to use the internet, I haven't really visited most of the sites that I liked. That's probably a good thing, because I wasted a whole bunch of time on stuff that really doesn't matter.

I like mostly old music. The Beatles, the Eagles, the BGs, Hewey Luis and the Newsboys, Queen... One of my friends recently told me that I was born in the wrong era.

I'm a geek and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I enjoy life, I love books, and I'm a Mormon and proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment